Comments on Shed:
- Strong observations of suburbia.
- Great things going on in unassuming places.
- Extra tweaking – go beyond the means of the garages to great places.
- Architecture of the existing place is mean in terms of space and material.
- Detailing looks good.
- Missed seeing it in it’s context
- Tells how its made but not how it feels.
- Why retain the brick wall?
- Concept versus reality.
- Condition is very strong.
- Why reclaim space and then give it away?
- Is the car white.
- Show your car’s graphics.
- Supporting the roof. Thinks the insertion methodology is ok.
- Really likes the expanded take on the recycling.
- Interesting to show the broken down components from he pavilion on the exploded axonometric too.
- That way of thinking is really great.
- Increase in width of cars.
- If this was real – echo right the way down.
Comments on Housing Project:
- Why not make higher density?
- A block on the corner could do all of the things you’re talking about
- The projects have too really stock up.
- Observations on sheds very worthy. Amazing things happen behind closed doors
- Strong realisation – nice premise.
- Why make all the problems re contractural etc.
- Important to test
- Lots of external areas
- Energy massive thing
- Interesting start
- Moriyama house is a response to the urban grain. Be careful about your response to the surrounding area.
- Doesn’t mind increased density but idealistic terms of converting japanese type in england hard work.
- Teaches not to paint one side on foamboard – cross on back.
- Same true of facade panels – more expensive – joke.
- Take care to represent the drawings well at a portfolio level for the Crits.
- Make them as pieces themselves.
- Strong polished pieces of work.
- Half as many drawings but completely finished.
- Tone down the tree and fences line weights.
- Especially when they are very dry line drawings
- Something else that goes alongside these that brings life to them.
- JR – bring personality to the drawings too.
- Applaud the fact you have been very specific about the trees. Could just be a fact of not going over the line so much.
- Bring the motif on the car through every drawing to tie each piece together.